- Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Venue: Jordan Lake, Seaforth Recreation Area, Shelter #9
- Address: 280 State Park Road, Apex, NC 27523
- Directions: The entrance to Seaforth is on US 64. Traveling west on US 64, go over the bridge on Jordan Lake. The Seaforth entrance is on the left.
- Check-in starts from 9.30 am
- Setup and mingling, 9.30 am to 11.00 am
- Variety of kids sports activities, adult volleyball tournament, tug-of-war, apple-bobbing and many others start sharply at 11.00 am
- Snacks (cha, jhaal-muri etc) while grilling and food preparation starts at 11.00 am
- Lunch – 12.30 pm; GBM will be followed by Lunch
- BINGO with exciting prizes after GBM
|We would like to request you to come early as Jordan Lake is very popular and sometimes the parking-lot gets full and eventually park authority closes the entry to that part of the park.
The area has a beach access, so come prepared if you want to swim in the lake water but go in the water at your own risk.
Children should be always under parents’ supervision.
|Each summer ends with our annual member picnic. For the last few years, our destination has been the pristine and beautiful Jordan Lake. Part of the North Carolina state park system, almost 14,000 acres of water and nine recreation areas on the lake — Crosswinds Campground, Ebenezer Church, Parker’s Creek, Poplar Point, Seaforth, Vista Point, Robeson Creek, New Hope Overlook, and White Oak Recreation Area – fun is ensured! We rent one of the shelters for a day, organize a cookout and potluck lunch and offer a bevy of games and competitive activities for our children, youth and adults. The picnic serves as a space for all of us to relax, socialize, participate in the many activities and eat some fabulous food! This event is free for our members.||